Details about the top entrance exam in the Fashion Technology field. We are talking about the National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) entrance exam to be held in 2018.
National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) conducts NIFT entrance test to shortlist hopefuls for admission to design courses offered by it. Known to be a pioneer in the world of fashion, NIFT has its headquarters located in New Delhi.
Following are the details of entrance exam questions and the pattern in general.
To secure admissions at NIFT, aspirants should show up for two distinctive written/online objective tests which are termed as General Ability Test (GAT) and Creative Ability Test (CAT).
– Creative Ability Test (CAT):
This test is included to judge the intuition aptitude, observation skills, creativity in development of an idea and design capacity of the candidate. A vital part of the test is the imaginative and inventive utilization of colour and illustration abilities. Expresses the official NIFT site.
– General Ability Test (GAT):
Aspirants looking for admission to BDes and MDes programmes at NIFT need to show up for GAT. This test includes the underneath said sections:
– Analytical Ability
– General Knowledge and Current Affairs
The GAT duration is of 120 minutes and the language of this written exam is in English. While figuring the merit list for BDes and MDes course admissions, 30% weightage is assigned to GAT section of NIFT entrance test.
20th October – Start date for applications
29th December – Last date for applications
2nd January – Last date for applications with late fees
9th January – Download the NIFT Admit Card
21st January – Date of the NIFT Entrance Exam 2018
Hopefuls are qualified to apply for admission to the various BDes courses on the basis of underneath mentioned criteria:
– Is educated from any Public School/Board/University Examination in India or in Foreign nations which is recognized by the Association of Indian Universities to be the same as 10+2 structure.
– Have a three or four year diploma that is granted by AICTE or a State Board of Technical Education.
– Have finished their +2 level (in the 10+2 structure) from any of the recognized Central/State Board of Secondary Examination, similar to Central Board of Secondary Education/State Board New Delhi, and Council for Indian School of Certificate Examination, located in New Delhi.
– Have a pass grade in their Senior Secondary School Examination which is organized by the National Open School having atleast five subjects.
– Have passed the General Certificate Education (GCE) Exam (London/Cambridge/Sri-Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level/International Baccalaureate (IB).
Hopefuls will become eligible to apply for the NIFT Entrance Test in the event that they are 23 years old or less as on October 1, 2017. Be that as it may, applicants from the Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribe/Differently Abled Person (PHP) class will be offered age relaxation of five years for admission.
First Step- Fill in the Application Form by paying the fees
Second Step- Download the Admit Card
Third Step- Appear for the examination
Fourth Step- Appear for the GD/PI or the Situation Test
Fifth Step- Check out the results
Sixth Step – Appear for Counseling process
Some of the exam centers for the 2018 NIFT exam include:
For the complete list of exam centers, check out the NIFT website.
NIFT entrance test consists of Creative Ability Test (CAT) and General Ability Test (GAT). Hopefuls who clear these tests are shortlisted to show up for the Situation Test and in addition Group Discussion and Personal Interview round.
Test wise weightage is as follows:
Masters of Fashion Management –
GAT – 70%
GD/PI – 30%
Masters of Fashion Technology-
GAT – 70%
GD/PI – 30%
Bachelor of Fashion Technology-
GAT – 100%
Masters of Design-
CAT – 40%
GAT – 30%
Bachelor of Design-
Situation Test- 20%