Chemical Engineering is one of the top rated branches of Engineering and one can go the Diploma way in this stream. So, let’s find out more regarding the various Diploma courses after 10th in chemical engineering.
About the branch:
Chemical Engineering involves application of physical sciences (e.g. physics and chemistry) as well as life sciences (e.g., Biology, Biochemistry and Microbiology) blended with Economics and Mathematics to crude materials or chemical transforming processes. Diploma courses after 10th in Chemical Engineering offers students a chance to work in the chemical and process industry prior to finishing their last year(s) of study.
A diploma course in Chemical Engineering after 10th, extends up to 3 years.
Diploma colleges after 10th in Chemical Engineering:
– Indian Institute of Management and Engineering- Kurnool
– Coimbatore based CIT Sandwich Polytechnic College
– Faridabad based Delhi Degree College – DDC
– Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering and Technology (SLIET) – Sangrur
Diploma courses after 10th in Chemical Engineering (Eligibility Criteria):
A 10th class passed or an equivalent qualifying exam with 45% in every one of the subjects with Mathematics and Science a student needs to have studied English as one of the subjects in the Class.
Career and employment opportunities for the Diploma holders:
– In their career, Chemical engineers get opportunities to work in companies that are involved in manufacturing of items like food, metals, pharmaceuticals, glass etc.
– Other top of the line recruiters for Chemical engineers incorporate producers of steel and basic iron products, organic industrial chemicals etc.
– Numerous Chemical Engineers additionally get work opportunities in sectors such as environmental protection and the clean-up or reclamation of polluted sites, or in petroleum refineries, research labs etc.
Post getting a Diploma in Chemical Engineering, a student can either become an Engineer or a Chemical Engineer.
Diploma in Chemical Engineering jobs:
Here, we will see some of the job options/positions open before a Chemical Engineering diploma holder:
– Field Operator
– Market Analyst
– Process Engineer
– Associate Scientist and more….
Top recruitment sectors:
Following are some of the top recruitment sectors for Chemical Engineering diploma holders:
– Academic Institutions
– Ministry of Defense
– CSIR – Council of Scientific and Industrial Research
– Nagarjuna Agrichem – Hyderabad etc….
Starting salary relies upon various factors. Amongst those significant are – employer profile, grades secured skills and aptitude possessed by the employee. Average starting compensation is around 15-30k rupees each month. As far as a government job goes, compensation will depend on the Pay Band and scale.
Diploma courses after 10th in Chemical engineering, can thus be called a good way to start your career in this field.
Wishing you best of luck !!!