Do you have the list of Engineering courses after 12th? If not, then no need to worry as you would get it right here!
SayTooLoud presents to you, a list of Engineering courses after 12th in India along with list of top colleges, career options and salary scenario.
Simply speaking, Engineering is that branch of technology and science, that deals with the designing, construction, and utilization of machines, motors and structures.
Engineering Course Options in India:
Duration – 3 years
– Bachelor Degree courses (B.E. or B. Tech)
Duration- 4 years
– PG courses (M.Tech or PGDM courses)
Duration- 2 years
– PhD programmes
Duration- 3 years
List of Engineering Courses after 12th and Eligibility Criteria:
– 10th standard passed for diploma courses with Maths and Science subjects from recognized board.
– B.Tech or B.E.- 10+2 passed in Science stream with PCM group scoring an aggregate of 50% marks, from a recognized board.
– PG courses- A relevant Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university or institute.
– PhD programmes- Master’s Degree from a recognized university or institute.
For getting admission into a premier engineering college, one must crack the respective entrance test. For instance, in order to get admission into an IIT, one needs to score the required marks in the JEE entrance exam. Numerous private engineering institutes hold their own particular private entrance exam.
Some of the top engineering colleges are as follows:
– College of Engineering, Pune
– Army Institute of Technology
– Birla Institute of Technology & Science, Pilani
– Thiruvananthapuram based Indian Institute of Space Science & Technology.
Engineering graduates can go for a wide range of career paths:
They can apply and work for various govt. and private sector jobs. Switching to other fields is also feasible with relevant education such as an MBA degree etc.
– Civil Services:
Albeit corporate based jobs offering attractive salaries and perks, a lion’s share of engineers vie for entry into the esteemed Indian Civil Services i.e. offer both prestige and high salaries.
Probably the best alternative for you when you have an innovative business idea with money to put into your business. Owning a business is the most new thing everybody is doing and you can go for it too.
Likewise, there are job opportunities post completing Diploma Courses after 10th in Engineering as well!
Job profiles for engineers:
Based on their area of specialization, some of the popular job profiles for engineers are as follows:
– Design Engineer
– Project Manager
– Chief Engineer etc..
Usually, B. Tech degree holders in Instrumentation, Mechanical and Electrical engineering earn up to Rs.28 Lacs, on the off chance that they have an experience under 10 years, while engineers with over 10 years of experience, but less than 15 earn up to Rs.37 or 38 Lacs.
On the other hand, Software engineers earn in the range of 10-40 lakhs based on experience.
Thus, we provided you with the different options present before you, in the form of list of engineering courses after 12th. Also, read our write-ups on career guidance after 12th science.