Presenting you with the third part of the interview questions and answers for the Mechanical domain. Along with interview questions and answers, you would also get to read tips on how to face interviews. Let’s get started with the interview questions and answers….
1. In what aspect does the shear center flexural center of twist and elastic center differ?
The sheer focus is the centroid of a cross-segment. The flexural center is the focal point of twist, which is the point on a beam that you can include a load without torsion. The elastic center is situated at the focal point of the gravity. On the off chance that the object is homogeneous and symmetrical in both the directions of the cross-segment, then they are largely identical.
2. What do you mean by ductile-brittle transition temperature?
It is the temperature beneath which the propensity of a material to crack increments instead of forming. Beneath this temperature, the material loses its ductile nature. It is additionally called the Nil Ductility Temperature.
3. What do you mean by enthalpy?
Enthalpy happens to be the heat content of a chemical system.
4. What advantages does a gear drive provide?
All in all, a gear drive is helpful for power transmission in between two shafts, which are close to each other (at max at a 1m distance). What’s more, it has max effectiveness while transmitting power. It is durable in contrast with others, e.g. belts chain drives and so on. You can alter the power to speed ratio.
– It is used for getting varied speeds under different load conditions.
– Helps to increase engine efficiency
– Helps to increase fuel efficiency
– Requires less power input when operated manually
5. What conducts heat faster copper brass or steel?
Copper conducts heat quicker than steel or brass. Any material that is a good conductor of heat is likewise useful for electricity in majority cases. Wood, a bad conductor for exchanging heat in this way is likewise an insulator for electric.
These happen to be some of the commonly asked interview questions in a Mechanical engineering interview.