A look at a different career option in ‘Fashion Designing’. We will be talking about diploma courses after 10th in fashion designing. Let’s take a look at the details associated with it. SayTooLoud guides you on diploma courses after 10th in fashion designing, and a career in fashion industry by throwing light on career prospects, list of top colleges, job profiles etc.
About Fashion Designing:
In simple terms, Fashion Design is an art that puts to use concepts related to design and technology for creating clothes and accessories.
Diploma courses after 10th in fashion designing:
After passing the 10th standard, students aren’t qualified to seek after Bachelor’s Degree courses. This implies there are just two choices left before the tenth passed students, namely-
– Diploma courses and
– Certificate courses
However, over here, we are going to discuss only about the different diploma in fashion designing course options before students.
Fashion Designing- List of diploma courses after 10th:
Some of the course options before students are as follows-
– Diploma in Fashion Design
– Fashion Technology Diploma
– Diploma in Textile Design
– Fashion Photography Diploma
– Diploma in Apparel Design
– Retail Merchandising Diploma
– Diploma in Visual Merchandising
– Jewellery Design Diploma
– Diploma in Leather Design
Eligibility Criteria for Fashion Designing diploma courses after 10th:
10th standard or equivalent qualification from a recognized board in India.
– Fashion sense
– Presentation skills
– Drawing and sketching
– Networking/communication skills
– Technical skills (cutting, knitting etc.)
Top colleges offering Diploma Fashion designing course after 10th:
– Assam Textile Institute ATI in Guwahati
– Narsinghpur based Vdihyabati Mushran Government Polytechnic College
– Delhi Institute of Technology and Paramedical Sciences in Delhi
Diploma courses after 10th in fashion designing- Career prospects, job profiles and salary picture:
The fashion industry is quickly spreading its roots in India. Globalization has been a driving force behind the quick growth of this industry. It is a diversified industry and offers various job opportunities for gifted and innovative individuals.
Based on your choice of course, some of the job profiles for you are as follows:
– Fashion Designer
– Store Manager
– Textile Designer
– Merchandiser and many more……
Career guidance tips for fashion designing students, would guide you to choose the right kind of job. So, search for them.
Top recruiters for Diploma in Fashion Technology holders:
– Pune- Pitney Bowes
– Delhi- Valyoo Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
– Bangalore- Quotient Technology Inc.
– Various colleges and universities
As reported, a Fashion Designer can earn an average compensation of Rs 358,011 per annum. Experience emphatically impacts pay scale for this domain. The vast majority with this career proceed onwards to different positions following 10 years in it.
So, here’s an attractive career option for all those interested. Read our career guidance blogs for information on such attractive career options.